Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based award-winning educational podcast since 2006. And with over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Coming Soon: PediaCast CME – A Pediatric Podcast for Providers
- Nursemaid’s Elbow, Febrile Seizures, Sever’s Disease – PediaCast 312 - Show Notes DESCRIPTION Join Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio for more answers to listener questions! This week’s topics include nursemaid’s elbow, febrile seizures and Sever’s Disease. TOPICS Nursemaid’s Elbow Febrile Seizures Sever’s Disease LINKS Contact Dr Mike – Show […]
- Juvenile Arthritis – PediaCast 311 - Show Notes DESCRIPTION Dr Charles Spencer joins Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio to talk about Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA). Learn the ins and outs of this tricky disease, including common presentations, diagnosis, treatment and long-term outlook for affected kids. […]
- Music Therapy – PediaCast 310 - Show Notes DESCRIPTION Dr Mike is joined in the PediaCast Studio by three music therapists at Nationwide Children’s Hospital: Jennifer Yurkovich, Sarah Groh and Lelia Emery. Learn about their role in helping sick kids and families feel better and cope with […]
- Napping, Pizza, Carbon Monoxide – PediaCast 309 - Show Notes DESCRIPTION Join Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio for more news parents can use. This week’s topics include eating fish while pregnant, napping & memory, re-evaluating screen time, the problem with pizza, celiac disease on the rise, and […]
- Acting Out, Au Pairs, Rolandic Epilepsy – PediaCast 308 - Show Notes DESCRIPTION Join Dr Mike for more answers to listener questions! This week’s topics include measles, breastfeeding & medications, acting out, sensitive kids, infant care resources, Au Pairs and immunizations, and benign rolandic epilepsy. TOPICS Measles & Vaccinations Breastfeeding […]