Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based award-winning educational podcast since 2006. And with over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- Sun Safety & Brachial Plexus Injuries – PediaCast 381 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description We begin this week with important reminders on sun safety. Then, Dr Kim Bjorklund stops by to talk about brachial plexus injuries and their treatment. These injuries affect children of all ages, from newborn […]
- Drowning, Story Time, Dosing Errors – PediaCast 380 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description This week we cover more pediatric news! Topics include drowning, colic and love, story time strategies, inactive teenagers, smartphones & parenting, lawn mower injuries and medication dosing errors. We hope you can join us! […]
- Hemophilia & Baby Sleep – PediaCast 379 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Amy Dunn and members of the Homecare Factor Team visit the PediaCast Studio to talk about hemophilia. We explore the cause, diagnosis and treatment of this bleeding disorder and highlight the challenges these […]
- Looking Out For Number Two – PediaCast 378 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Bryan Vartabedian (Texas Children’s Hospital) joins us to talk about his new book, Looking Out for Number Two: A Slightly Irreverent Guide to Poo, Gas and Other Things That Come Out of Your […]
- Kinship Foster Care – PediaCast 377 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr David Rubin, founding co-director of the PolicyLab at The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP), visits the PediaCast Studio to talk about kinship foster care. Millions of children have spent time living with extended […]