Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based award-winning educational podcast since 2006. And with over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- Baby Problems – PediaCast 323 - Show Notes DESCRIPTION Join Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio as he answers listener questions on a variety of common (and not-so-common) baby problems. Topics include craniosynostosis, duodenal atresia, malrotation with midgut volvulus, pyloric stenosis, intussusception, undescended and retractile testicles, […]
- Poison Ivy, Tick Bites, Sunburn – PediaCast 322 - Show Notes DESCRIPTION Join Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio for three important summertime topics: poison ivy, tick bites and sunburns. We dive into the science of each and cover treatment options and prevention strategies. Also covered: quality family time, […]
- Caring Environment, Creative Play, Healthy Food – PediaCast 321 - Show Notes DESCRIPTION Join Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio for details on the Ohio AAP’s Good4Growth Program. Melanie Farkas, Dr Robert Murray and Dr Jessica Foster stop by to tell us how the program emphasizes a caring environment for […]
- BPA, Head Lice, Teen Driving – PediaCast 320 - Show Notes DESCRIPTION Join Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio for more News Parents Can Use. This week’s topics include a new study on MMR and autism, sleep safety in car seats and infant carriers, an update on BPA in […]
- Erythema Multiforme & Electromagnetic Waves – PediaCast 319 - Show Notes DESCRIPTION Join Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio for more answers to listener questions. This week’s topics include erythema multiforme, acne and Accutane, baby yoga, infant development, sitting positions, double-jointedness, and the possible hazards of electromagnetic waves. TOPICS […]