Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based award-winning educational podcast since 2006. And with over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- Cutting & Self-Harm – PediaCast 350 - Subscribe: iTunes | Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Raymond Troy visits Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio to talk about cutting and other forms of self-harm. We discuss reasons teenagers injure themselves, along with risk factors and associated mental […]
- 10 YEARS, Insect Bites, Parenting Books – PediaCast 349 - Subscribe: iTunes | Android | RSSShow Notes Description PediaCast celebrates TEN YEARS of podcasts for parents! We mark the anniversary by answering more of your questions. Topics include insect bites, home wound care, and the best parenting books on the […]
- Water Safety – PediaCast 348 - Subscribe: iTunes | Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Lara McKenzie stops by the PediaCast Studio to talk about water safety. We discuss creating and maintaining a safe swim environment, pool rules and supervision tips. Also covered: hot tub and […]
- Mealtime & Playtime, Pastoral Care, C-Sections & Allergies – PediaCast 347 - Subscribe: iTunes | Android | RSSShow Notes Description We have lots of guests in the PediaCast Studio this week! Dr Amy Sternstein and Dr Liz Zmuda stop by to talk about Parenting at Mealtime and Playtime. The Reverend Susan Kyser […]
- Full Moon, Taxi Rides, Preventing Cavities – PediaCast 346 - Subscribe: iTunes | Android | RSSShow Notes Description Join Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio for more news parents can use! This week we cover Zofran & birth defects, swaddling babies & sudden death (SIDS), the full moon’s effect on […]