Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based award-winning educational podcast since 2006. And with over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- Teen Suicide – PediaCast 315 - Show Notes DESCRIPTION This week, Dr Mike takes a comprehensive look at Teen Suicide. We discuss the scope of the problem, risk factors, warning signs, prevention strategies, treatment options, long-term outlook for suicidal teens and ongoing research projects aimed at […]
- Chefs, Sharenting, Medical Marijuana – PediaCast 314 - Show Notes DESCRIPTION Join Dr Mike in the Pediacast Studio for more News Parents Can Use. This week’s topics include the School Breakfast Program, chefs in school, diagnosing prematurity with a mobile app, sharenting (no, that’s not a typo), antipsychotic […]
- Narcissists, Sex Education, E-Cigarettes – PediaCast 313 - Show Notes DESCRIPTION Join Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio for another edition of News Parents Can Use. This week’s topics include raising little narcissists, divorce & obesity, sex education, pre-teen depression, smoking and E-cigarettes. TOPICS Raising Little Narcissists Divorce […]
- Nursemaid’s Elbow, Febrile Seizures, Sever’s Disease – PediaCast 312 - Show Notes DESCRIPTION Join Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio for more answers to listener questions! This week’s topics include nursemaid’s elbow, febrile seizures and Sever’s Disease. TOPICS Nursemaid’s Elbow Febrile Seizures Sever’s Disease LINKS Contact Dr Mike – Show […]
- Juvenile Arthritis – PediaCast 311 - Show Notes DESCRIPTION Dr Charles Spencer joins Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio to talk about Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis (JIA). Learn the ins and outs of this tricky disease, including common presentations, diagnosis, treatment and long-term outlook for affected kids. […]