Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based award-winning educational podcast since 2006. And with over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Coming Soon: PediaCast CME – A Pediatric Podcast for Providers
- Music Therapy – PediaCast 310 - Dr Mike is joined in the PediaCast Studio by three music therapists at Nationwide Children’s Hospital: Jennifer Yurkovich, Sarah Groh and Lelia Emery. Learn about their role in helping sick kids and families feel better and cope with the stresses of […]
- Napping, Pizza, Carbon Monoxide – PediaCast 309 - Join Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio for more news parents can use. This week’s topics include eating fish while pregnant, napping & memory, re-evaluating screen time, the problem with pizza, celiac disease on the rise, and carbon monoxide poisoning. […]
- Acting Out, Au Pairs, Rolandic Epilepsy – PediaCast 308 - Join Dr Mike for more answers to listener questions! This week’s topics include measles, breastfeeding & medications, acting out, sensitive kids, infant care resources, Au Pairs and immunizations, and benign rolandic epilepsy. Topics Measles & Vaccinations Breastfeeding & Medications Acting […]
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease – PediaCast 307 - Dr Curt Daniels joins Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio for a discussion on Adult Congenital Heart Disease. As surgical and medical outcomes improve for children born with congenital heart defects, more and more of these patients survive into adulthood. […]
- Common Cold, Concussions, Toy Safety – PediaCast 306 - Join Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio for our inaugural show of 2015! Topics include asthma & bed-sharing, common cold & cold weather, concussion laws and concussion recovery, text reminders for flu vaccine, and toy-related injuries. Topics Asthma & Bed […]