Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based award-winning educational podcast since 2006. And with over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- Toddler Tantrums, Eye Injuries, Childhood Mortality – PediaCast 394 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Brandy Hunt visits the studio this week to talk about toddler temper tantrums. We also consider influenza, eye injuries from non-powder guns, bariatric surgery and heart health, child mortality in the United States […]
- Solid Foods, Window Blinds, Genetic Counseling – PediaCast 393 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description More News Parents Can Use this week as we cover starting solid foods for babies, window-blind safety, anxiety with chronic medical conditions, and the ins and outs of genetic counseling. We hope you can […]
- Hypothermia, Frostbite, Basketball Injuries – PediaCast 392 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Winter has arrived! This week, we describe warning signs for hypothermia and frostbite and provide tips on keeping kids safe when the temperature drops. The sports medicine team also visits the studio to discuss […]
- Meet the Pharmacist & Giving Kids Medicine – PediaCast 391 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Join Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio as we meet the pharmacist and provide helpful hints on giving medicine… to kids! We’ll explore the role of the pharmacist and consider questions you should ask […]
- Coco & Psychogenic Non-Epileptic Seizures – PediaCast 390 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description A trio of specialists visit the PediaCast Studio to discuss psychogenic non-epileptic seizures. Listen as we explore the presentation, work-up, treatment and long-term outlook for patients and families impacted by this condition. We hope […]