Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based award-winning educational podcast since 2006. And with over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- Kindness… According to Kids! – PediaCast 389 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description It’s World Kindness Day! We are joined by editor-in-chief of Highlights for Children, Christine French Cully, to talk about the state of kindness… according to kids. Harvard developmental psychologist, Dr Luba Falk Feigenberg, also […]
- Bee Stings, Emergency Care, Influenza – PediaCast 388 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description This week we explore why bees are more aggressive in the fall and how to prevent and treat their stings. We also cover emergency care for kids. When should you call 911? And does […]
- Food as Medicine – PediaCast 387 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description This week we consider food as medicine. We’ll start with the basics of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. How are they beneficial? When and why are they dangerous? Then we’ll explore the use of food […]
- Top 10 Pediatric Symptoms – PediaCast 386 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Join us as we examine the top 10 pediatric symptoms. We consider possible causes, let you know when to worry and explore how providers determine a diagnosis and plan treatment. Are you ready for […]
- Breakfast & Sports Nutrition – PediaCast 385 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Sports nutrition expert, Jessica Buschmann, joins me in the studio as we consider breakfast and food as fuel for student athletes. We discuss meals, snacks, supplements and hydration. You’ll hear tips on helping picky […]