Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based award-winning educational podcast since 2006. And with over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- Autism, Poison Safety, ADHD Meds – PediaCast 344 - Show Notes Description Dr Lara McKenzie visits the PediaCast Studio to talk about poison safety. Pediatric news this week covers autism & eye gazing, exercise in the womb and declining rates of ear infections. We also answer a listener question […]
- Cough Medicine, Younger Siblings, Residency Training – PediaCast 343 - Show Notes Description Join Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio for more News Parents (and Providers) Can Use! This week we cover Zika Virus and Microcephaly (with a research update!), allergy risk based on season of birth, hearing loss and […]
- Video Games, Diaper Rash, Baby Bottles – PediaCast 342 - Show Notes Description Join Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio for more news parents can use! This week we cover ADHD & school entry age, video games & intellectual ability, and substance abuse prevention in young children. Dr Cherrelle Smith-Ramsey […]
- Lawn Mowers, Bedwetting, Guillain-Barre Syndrome – PediaCast 341 - Show Notes Description Join Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio for more news parents can use. This week we cover lawn mower safety, bacterial capsules, and teenage drinking. Dr Tabitha Jones-McKnight stops by to talk about bedwetting, and we answer […]
- School Performance, Brain Tumors, W-Sitting – PediaCast 340 - Show Notes Description Join Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio for a Zika Virus update and more News Parents Can Use. This week we consider how parental depression, bed time, and text messaging affect school grades. Dr Jonathan Finlay and […]