Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based award-winning educational podcast since 2006. And with over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine – PediaCast 384 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Drs Kimberly Wolf, Jen Bryant and Frances Comer stop by the PediaCast Studio to talk about osteopathic manipulative medicine. We explore the differences (and similarities) between MDs and DOs and consider the utility of […]
- The Importance of Recess – PediaCast 383 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Michelle Carter, Senior Program Manager for SHAPE America, joins Dr Mike in the PediaCast studio to talk about the importance of recess! We consider health, development and academic benefits of recess, along with evidence-based recommendations […]
- The Do Nothing Summer – PediaCast 382 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Pam Lobley joins Dr Mike on PediaCast. She is author of the book Why Can’t We Just Play: What I Did When I Realized My Kids Were Way Too Busy. We discuss the benefits, […]
- Sun Safety & Brachial Plexus Injuries – PediaCast 381 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description We begin this week with important reminders on sun safety. Then, Dr Kim Bjorklund stops by to talk about brachial plexus injuries and their treatment. These injuries affect children of all ages, from newborn […]
- Drowning, Story Time, Dosing Errors – PediaCast 380 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description This week we cover more pediatric news! Topics include drowning, colic and love, story time strategies, inactive teenagers, smartphones & parenting, lawn mower injuries and medication dosing errors. We hope you can join us! […]