Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based award-winning educational podcast since 2006. And with over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- Full Moon, Taxi Rides, Preventing Cavities – PediaCast 346 - Show Notes Description Join Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio for more news parents can use! This week we cover Zofran & birth defects, swaddling babies & sudden death (SIDS), the full moon’s effect on behavior, taxi and Uber safety, […]
- Cry It Out, Cuts & Scrapes, Herpes or Hand Foot Mouth – PediaCast 345 - Show Notes Description We are back with more news parents can use! This week we explore smoking & schizophrenia, techniques for helping babies sleep at night, and the effect early walking has on bone strength. Dr Michael Dunn stops by […]
- Autism, Poison Safety, ADHD Meds – PediaCast 344 - Show Notes Description Dr Lara McKenzie visits the PediaCast Studio to talk about poison safety. Pediatric news this week covers autism & eye gazing, exercise in the womb and declining rates of ear infections. We also answer a listener question […]
- Cough Medicine, Younger Siblings, Residency Training – PediaCast 343 - Show Notes Description Join Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio for more News Parents (and Providers) Can Use! This week we cover Zika Virus and Microcephaly (with a research update!), allergy risk based on season of birth, hearing loss and […]
- Video Games, Diaper Rash, Baby Bottles – PediaCast 342 - Show Notes Description Join Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio for more news parents can use! This week we cover ADHD & school entry age, video games & intellectual ability, and substance abuse prevention in young children. Dr Cherrelle Smith-Ramsey […]