Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based, award-winning podcast since 2006. And with hundreds of episodes, millions of downloads and listeners in all 50 states and over 100 countries, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- The Importance of Well Checks – PediaCast 465 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacast/pediacast_465.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Well child checkups are important… even during a pandemic! Our Plain Language Panel returns for an insider’s look at these visits. We explore immunizations, growth and development and guidance offered for each age […]
- Racism is a Public Health Crisis – PediaCast 464 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacast/pediacast_464.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Jordee Wells and Dr Fareeda Haamid visit the studio as we consider racism as a public health crisis. What exactly does this mean and who suffers the consequences? How did we arrive […]
- What You Need To Know About Bullying – PediaCast 463 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacast/pediacast_463.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Nkeiruka Orajiaka visits the studio as we consider the problem of bullying. How does it look and who is at risk? What signs point to this behavior? What are the consequences? How […]
- How Our Immune System Works – PediaCast 462 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacast/pediacast_462.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description The immune system is making headlines during the COVID-19 pandemic. We go beyond the headlines and provide you with a foundation of how this fascinating system works. Dr Becky Scherzer and Dr Ben Prince […]
- Preventing Child Abuse During a Pandemic – PediaCast 461 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacast/pediacast_461.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Child abuse and neglect occur even as families stay home. And yet reports of abuse are down because teachers, medical providers and community partners have less contact with the families they serve. Dr […]