Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based, award-winning podcast since 2006. And with hundreds of episodes, millions of downloads and listeners in all 50 states and over 100 countries, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- Social Determinants of Health – PediaCast 548 - Show Notes Description Our Plain Language Panel visits the studio as we consider social determinants of health. Food, housing, safe neighborhoods and quality education impact child development, health and wellness. We explore these relationships and share ideas for rallying around […]
- Pediatric Preventive Cardiology – PediaCast 547 - Show Notes Description Dr Andrew Tran visits the studio as we explore pediatric preventive cardiology. Heart disease is the leading cause of death in U.S. adults, but the process that leads to heart attacks and strokes begins in childhood. By […]
- Cannabis Edibles and Young Children: A Dangerous Combination! – PediaCast 546 - Show Notes Description Dr Christopher Gaw and Dr David Kling visit the studio as we explore the dangers of cannabis edibles in young children. THC-infused gummies, brownies and cookies are widely available… and severe toxicity can result from ingesting just […]
- Common Skin Conditions in Athletes – PediaCast 545 - Show Notes Description Dr Reno Ravindran and Eric Leighton visit the studio as we consider common skin conditions in student athletes. Learn the cause, symptoms, treatment, prevention and return-to-play guidelines for ringworm, impetigo, MRSA, molluscum… and more! Topics Skin Conditions […]
- Vaginal Birth Defects and Buccal Mucosa Vaginoplasty – PediaCast 544 - Show Notes Description Dr Linda Baker visits the studio as we consider birth defects of the vagina… and the buccal mucosa vaginoplasty. Around 1 in 4,000 girls experience these birth defects, and using tissue from inside the mouth is less […]