Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based award-winning educational podcast since 2006. And with over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- Parenting with Science – PediaCast 399 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Tracy Cutchlow visits the studio to talk about her book Zero to Five: 70 Essential Parenting Tips Based on Science. Discover evidence-based recommendations on a variety of topics, including sleep, meal time, play time, […]
- Rare Genetic Diseases – PediaCast 398 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Join us for a look at rare genetic diseases. One or another of these conditions affects 30 million Americans, which means taken as a whole, they aren’t really rare! Dan Koboldt (principal investigator with […]
- Wintertime Blues – PediaCast 397 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Our “Pediatrics in Plain Language” panel returns to the studio as we explore the wintertime blues. We consider some reasons for “feeling down” this time of year, including decreased sunlight and physical activity, sleep […]
- Red Blood Cells & Rocket Launches – PediaCast 396 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description This week we answer your questions about laryngomalacia, noise sensitivity and G6PD deficiency. We also consider the recent test flight of Falcon Heavy and how watching a rocket launch can ignite a child's love […]
- Babysitting, Smartphones, Social Media and Happiness – PediaCast 395 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Sara Ross, medical director of Safe Sitter, visits the studio to talk about babysitting classes teens can take to improve safety, skills and confidence. We also consider smartphones, social media and digital content… […]