Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based award-winning educational podcast since 2006. And with over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- Sports Physicals – PediaCast 424 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Jim MacDonald and Dr Peter Kriz visit the PediaCast Studio as we consider the pre-participation sports physical. What makes this visit different than a well-child exam? What are the important components and where […]
- Infant Teething and Toddler Tooth Care – PediaCast 423 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Janice Townsend is Chief of Dentistry at Nationwide Children’s. She joins us to answer questions about infant teething and tooth care for babies and toddlers. We explore symptom relief, brushing, fluoride, cavities, thumb-sucking […]
- Polar Vortex, Toddler Sleep, Baby on the Way – PediaCast 422 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description It’s winter in Ohio and the Polar Vortex is here! This week we cover cold-weather safety, including tips for preventing, recognizing and treating frostbite and hypothermia. We also answer a pair of listener questions […]
- Ibuprofen Allergy, Fever Truths and Myths – PediaCast 421 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description This week we answer a listener question about severe ibuprofen allergy (anaphylaxis) and examine truths and myths surrounding fever. We hope you can join us! Topics Teething Necklaces Ibuprofen Allergy Anaphylaxis Fever Febrile Seizures […]
- Feed the Baby Hummus: Parenting Practices Around the World – PediaCast 420 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Lisa Lewis, author of Feed the Baby Hummus, visits this week as we explore parenting practices from countries and cultures around the world. We hope you can join us! Topics Feed the Baby […]