Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based award-winning educational podcast since 2006. And with over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- Baby Hearing Loss, Hand Washing, Reading Comprehension – PediaCast 412 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description This week we answer listener questions and take a sneak peek into the future of pediatric medicine. Topics include baby hearing loss, hand-washing and family dynamics, reading comprehension, 3D-printed replacement bone, ketamine for teenage depression […]
- Salmonella, Meningitis, Teenage Endometriosis – PediaCast 411 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Leslie Appiah visits the PediaCast Studio as we explore teenage endometriosis. Discover the cause, symptoms, work-up, treatment and long-term outlook for those affected. Also reviewed this week: salmonella and meningitis. We hope you […]
- Lawn Mowers & Clubfoot – PediaCast 410 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Amanda Whitaker visits the studio as we explore the cause, diagnosis and treatment of a common birth defect: clubfoot. We also consider lawn mower safety with tips and best practices for trimming the […]
- Fitness Facts & Ideas – PediaCast 409 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description This week we review bicycle safety (hint: helmets are REALLY important!). Then our Pediatrics in Plain Language Panel returns as we consider fitness facts and ideas for all ages. Whether the sun is shining… […]
- Button Batteries & Honey, Retro Toddler – PediaCast 408 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Anne Zachry visits the studio as we explore her new book from the American Academy of Pediatrics, Retro Toddler: More Than 100 Old-School Activities to Boost Development. We also consider the benefit of […]