Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based, award-winning podcast since 2006. And with hundreds of episodes, millions of downloads and listeners in all 50 states and over 100 countries, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- Syndromic Craniosynostosis – PediaCast 440 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Drs Gregory Pearson and Ibrahim Khansa visit the studio as we explore syndromic craniosynostosis. This condition impacts growth of a baby’s skull. We discuss the cause, symptoms, diagnosis, management, complications and long-term outlook for […]
- Tooth Care for Kids and Teens – PediaCast 439 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Janice Townsend returns to the PediaCast Studio as we conclude our dental trilogy. This week we explore tooth care for kids and teens, including brushing and flossing (of course), fluoride, cavities, fillings, root […]
- Diabetes, Kara and the (Not So) Dire Beastie – PediaCast 438 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Kara & the (Not So) Dire Beastie is an animated series aimed at helping young patients and their families better understand type 1 diabetes. Series creators, Dr Angelina Bernier and Alan Caudel, visit the […]
- Grandparents, Nail Polish, Heroin and Driving – PediaCast 437 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description This week we cover more news parents can use. Topics include abusive caregivers, grandparents and their dangerous drug habits, hazards of personal care products, teenage heroin use, teen suicide, driver education for those with […]
- Keeping Kids Safe – PediaCast 436 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Our Pediatrics in Plain Language Panel returns as we consider keeping kids safe at home and away. We share important tips aimed at preventing broken bones, burns, choking, drowning, head injuries, poisoning and more. […]