Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based award-winning educational podcast since 2006. And with over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- Wintertime Blues – PediaCast 397 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Our “Pediatrics in Plain Language” panel returns to the studio as we explore the wintertime blues. We consider some reasons for “feeling down” this time of year, including decreased sunlight and physical activity, sleep […]
- Red Blood Cells & Rocket Launches – PediaCast 396 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description This week we answer your questions about laryngomalacia, noise sensitivity and G6PD deficiency. We also consider the recent test flight of Falcon Heavy and how watching a rocket launch can ignite a child's love […]
- Babysitting, Smartphones, Social Media and Happiness – PediaCast 395 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Sara Ross, medical director of Safe Sitter, visits the studio to talk about babysitting classes teens can take to improve safety, skills and confidence. We also consider smartphones, social media and digital content… […]
- Toddler Tantrums, Eye Injuries, Childhood Mortality – PediaCast 394 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Brandy Hunt visits the studio this week to talk about toddler temper tantrums. We also consider influenza, eye injuries from non-powder guns, bariatric surgery and heart health, child mortality in the United States […]
- Solid Foods, Window Blinds, Genetic Counseling – PediaCast 393 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description More News Parents Can Use this week as we cover starting solid foods for babies, window-blind safety, anxiety with chronic medical conditions, and the ins and outs of genetic counseling. We hope you can […]