Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based, award-winning podcast since 2006. And with hundreds of episodes, millions of downloads and listeners in all 50 states and over 100 countries, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- Orthodontics and Braces – PediaCast 450 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Kara Morris visits the PediaCast Studio as we consider orthodontics and braces. We answer the questions parents and kids ask: why are braces needed? Will they hurt? How long do they last? Will […]
- Rumination Syndrome – PediaCast 449 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Drs Desale Yacob and Ashley Kroon Van Diest visit the studio as we explore rumination syndrome. Learn the cause, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of this condition and discover how it differs from vomiting and […]
- Colds and Flu, TV and Exercise, Suicide Prevention – PediaCast 448 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description It’s cold and flu season! We explore these common viral infections, including the cause, symptoms, treatment and prevention. Less TV time and more exercise are important for families… we explain why. And learn about an […]
- Croup and Bronchiolitis – PediaCast 447 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Join us as we explore two respiratory illnesses circulating in the community: croup and bronchiolitis. Discover the cause, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and natural course of these common viral infections. We also consider the latest […]
- Fever, Infections and Medicine – PediaCast 446 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Our Pediatrics in Plain Language Panel returns to the studio as we consider fever, infections and medicine. We explore best ways to take a child’s temperature and explain the cause and treatment of fever. […]