Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based, award-winning podcast since 2006. And with hundreds of episodes, millions of downloads and listeners in all 50 states and over 100 countries, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- Prune Belly Syndrome – PediaCast 534 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacast/pediacast_534.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Linda Baker visits the studio as we consider prune belly syndrome. Discover the cause, signs and symptoms, diagnosis, management and long-term outcomes of this rare condition. Learn how early diagnosis and intervention […]
- Looking at Your Newborn – PediaCast 533 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacast/pediacast_533.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Our Pediatrics in Plain Language Panel visits the studio as we consider looking at your newborn. Young babies have unique features, and it’s important to know what is normal, what is NOT normal… […]
- Long COVID in Children and Teenagers – PediaCast 532 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacast/pediacast_532.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Eric Mull visits the studio as we explore long COVID in children and teenagers. We define the condition and consider the cause, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prevention. We hope you can join […]
- The Dangers of Fentanyl – PediaCast 531 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacast/pediacast_531.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Beth Weinstock visits the studio as we consider the dangers of fentanyl. This opioid is often laced into street pills and powder. Fentanyl increases addiction potential and leads to many untimely deaths. […]
- Talking with Children and Teens about Death and Dying – PediaCast 530 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacast/pediacast_530.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description This week we consider talking with children and teens about death and dying. The words we use, concepts we introduce, behavior we expect, and coping skills we share depend on a child’s age […]