Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based award-winning educational podcast since 2006. And with over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- Pilonidal Disease, Infant Walkers, Teen Suicide – PediaCast 416 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Peter Minneci visits the studio as we explore the symptoms, treatment and prevention of pilonidal disease. Also considered this week: MiraLAX and infant-walker safety, texting while driving and teenage suicide. We hope you […]
- Benefits & Risks of Immunizations, HPV Vaccine, Meningitis Shot – PediaCast 415 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description This week we explore the real benefits and risks of immunizations. Have your children had their HPV vaccine? (They should… and that includes your boys!) What about the meningitis shot? And how many shots […]
- Back to School: Audience Q&A – PediaCast 414 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description 10TV’s Tracy Townsend and Dr Mike entertain back-to-school questions from our Facebook Live audience. Topics include sleep hygiene, breakfast and school lunches, after school activities, immunizations, vision and hearing problems, illness prevention, energy drinks, […]
- West Nile Virus & Fertility Preservation – PediaCast 413 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Leena Nahata and Stacy Whiteside visit the studio as we consider fertility preservation. Many children and teens face disease and medical treatment that affects future fertility. Find out what can be done now […]
- Baby Hearing Loss, Hand Washing, Reading Comprehension – PediaCast 412 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description This week we answer listener questions and take a sneak peek into the future of pediatric medicine. Topics include baby hearing loss, hand-washing and family dynamics, reading comprehension, 3D-printed replacement bone, ketamine for teenage depression […]