Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based award-winning educational podcast since 2006. And with over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- Pants-Wetting, Meat-Eating, Floor-Scooting, Doctor-Choosing – PediaCast 401 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description We answer more of YOUR questions this week! Topics include toddler urinary accidents during the day, meat consumption in young kids, crawling and scooting instead of walking, and choosing the right doctor for your […]
- Fatherly Stress, Hoverboards, Teen Drivers – PediaCast 400 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description This week we explore more news parents can use! Topics include fatherly stress at the time of conception, safe infant sleep in the care of babysitters, hoverboard hazards, vaccine rates in those with autism, […]
- Parenting with Science – PediaCast 399 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Tracy Cutchlow visits the studio to talk about her book Zero to Five: 70 Essential Parenting Tips Based on Science. Discover evidence-based recommendations on a variety of topics, including sleep, meal time, play time, […]
- Rare Genetic Diseases – PediaCast 398 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Join us for a look at rare genetic diseases. One or another of these conditions affects 30 million Americans, which means taken as a whole, they aren’t really rare! Dan Koboldt (principal investigator with […]
- Wintertime Blues – PediaCast 397 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Our “Pediatrics in Plain Language” panel returns to the studio as we explore the wintertime blues. We consider some reasons for “feeling down” this time of year, including decreased sunlight and physical activity, sleep […]