Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based, award-winning podcast since 2006. And with hundreds of episodes, millions of downloads and listeners in all 50 states and over 100 countries, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- How Our Immune System Works – PediaCast 462 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacast/pediacast_462.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description The immune system is making headlines during the COVID-19 pandemic. We go beyond the headlines and provide you with a foundation of how this fascinating system works. Dr Becky Scherzer and Dr Ben Prince […]
- Preventing Child Abuse During a Pandemic – PediaCast 461 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacast/pediacast_461.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Child abuse and neglect occur even as families stay home. And yet reports of abuse are down because teachers, medical providers and community partners have less contact with the families they serve. Dr […]
- Academic Fitness During a Pandemic – PediaCast 460 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacast/pediacast_460.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description School work and learning must go on, even during a pandemic. Our neuropsychology team visits as we explore tips, tricks and resources for parents as they partner with schools and provide additional learning moments […]
- Physical Fitness During a Pandemic – PediaCast 459 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacast/pediacast_459.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Physical activity and exercise are important, even during a pandemic. Our sports medicine team visits as we explore family activities, physical fitness, sports conditioning and connecting with coaches, athletic trainers and teammates… while […]
- Mental Fitness During a Pandemic – PediaCast 458 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacast/pediacast_458.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Parents and children have many feelings these days, including anxiety, anger, depression and disappointment. These are normal responses to our new reality. We explore the feelings and share practical tips for weathering the […]