Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based, award-winning podcast since 2006. And with hundreds of episodes, millions of downloads and listeners in all 50 states and over 100 countries, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- Your Child’s Skin (Part 1) – PediaCast 518 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacast/pediacast_518.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Our Pediatrics in Plain Language Panel returns to the studio to explore common skin conditions in babies, children and teens. We discuss diaper rash, eczema, poison ivy, insect bites, sunburns, warts… and more! […]
- Natural Killer Cells and Childhood Cancer – PediaCast 517 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacast/pediacast_517.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Dean Lee visits the studio as we consider natural killer (NK) cells. Learn how scientists genetically modify and grow these cells in the lab with the aim of helping kids fight cancer. […]
- Anxiety in Kids and Teens – PediaCast 516 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacast/pediacast_516.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Ariana Hoet and Dr Kristina Jiner join us as we consider anxiety in children and teenagers. We explore the cause, diagnosis, management and prevention of this common condition, which impacts millions of […]
- Preventing Teenage Suicide – PediaCast 515 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacast/pediacast_515.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Meredith Chapman visits the studio as we consider teenage suicide. We explore the scope of the problem, risk factors, screening tools and prevention strategies, including organizational efforts such as Zero Suicide. We […]
- The Dangers of High-Powered Magnets – PediaCast 514 - https://traffic.libsyn.com/pediacast/pediacast_514.mp3Podcast: DownloadSubscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dr Leah Middelberg visits the studio as we consider the dangers of high-powered magnets. Learn who is at risk, how to recognize them, why they are dangerous, and where to turn for help […]