Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based award-winning educational podcast since 2006. And with over 300 episodes, 2 million downloads, and listeners in all 50 states and more than 100 countries around the world, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- If You Dream It, You Can Do It – PediaCast 405 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description I had the pleasure of welcoming Ashley Eckstein to the studio today. She is an actress, author and entrepreneur! Perhaps best-known as the voice of Ahsoka Tano on Star Wars: The Clone Wars and […]
- Self-Care & Wellness for Moms – PediaCast 404 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description Dayna Kurtz, author of Mother Matters: A Holistic Guide to Being a Happy, Healthy Mom, joins Dr Mike in the PediaCast Studio to explore self-care and wellness for moms. We hope you can join […]
- Measles, Junk Food, Depression – PediaCast 403 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description This week we cover more news parents can use! Topics include screen-free week; the impact of motherly depression on her child’s IQ; liquid nicotine and e-cigarette safety; protecting children from junk food ads; and […]
- Transitioning Your Teenager to Young Adulthood – PediaCast 402 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description This week we consider the transition of teenagers to young adulthood. It’s important to start early and gradually encourage participation, critical thinking and responsibility. Clinical social workers, Michele Buck and Rebecca Furru, visit the […]
- Pants-Wetting, Meat-Eating, Floor-Scooting, Doctor-Choosing – PediaCast 401 - Subscribe: Android | RSSShow Notes Description We answer more of YOUR questions this week! Topics include toddler urinary accidents during the day, meat consumption in young kids, crawling and scooting instead of walking, and choosing the right doctor for your […]