Welcome to PediaCast
A Pediatric Podcast for Parents
Join Dr. Mike in the PediaCast Studio for the latest news parents can use, answers to listener questions, and interviews with pediatric and parenting experts. PediaCast has been an evidence-based, award-winning podcast since 2006. And with hundreds of episodes, millions of downloads and listeners in all 50 states and over 100 countries, more parents trust PediaCast than any other audio source.
It’s easy to jump into the conversation.
Explore the archives and tag cloud, search by topic, read transcriptions and show notes. or start listening now! PediaCast is also in iTunes, on iHeartRadio and most podcasting apps for iPhone and Android. When you are ready to add your voice to the show, be sure to contact Dr. Mike with your comment or question.
Earn FREE AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s),™ with our companion podcast for PROVIDERS: PediaCast CME
- Sports Nutrition for Student Athletes – PediaCast 555 - Show Notes Description This week we consider sports nutrition for student athletes as guest host, Alycia Kingcade, chats with Sakiko Minagawa and Dr Tom Pommering. Discover the importance of food as fuel and energy availability. We also explore dietary supplements, […]
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital: Then and Now – PediaCast 554 - Show Notes Description Scott McKenzie visits the studio as we take a deep dive into the history and growth of Nationwide Children’s Hospital. From humble beginnings to one of the most comprehensive pediatric medical centers in the country, we explore […]
- Proton Therapy: Advanced Cancer Treatment for Kids – PediaCast 553 - Show Notes Description Dr Timothy Cripe, Dr Joshua Palmer, and Kayla Young visit the studio as we explore proton therapy as a treatment for pediatric cancer. Discover how this technology delivers precise radiation with fewer side effects. We hope you […]
- Pediatric Anesthesia – PediaCast 552 - Show Notes Description Dr Vanessa Ng and Amber Craver visit the studio as we consider pediatric anesthesia. We explore the latest advances in the field and discuss preparing your child for a procedure, anesthesia safety, and the short and long-term […]
- Pediatric Orthopedic Oncology – PediaCast 551 - Show Notes Description Dr Thomas Scharschmidt visits the studio as we consider pediatric orthopedic oncology. Bone cancers, such as osteosarcoma and Ewing sarcoma, are more common in children than adults. We explore the symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and long-term outlook for […]